Christian Appalachian Project’s mission is building hope, transforming lives, and sharing Christ’s love through service in Appalachia.
CAP's core values:
Faith, Service, and Compassion
Our guiding principles are to:
- Promote the dignity and self-worth of individuals by promoting self-help.
- Practice and encourage good stewardship of and accountability for all of the resources entrusted to us.
- Foster individual growth among staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
- Live out and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ through all of our actions.
- Foster open, honest and effective communication both inside and outside the organization.
- Involve the Appalachian people at all social and economic levels in developing a solution to poverty.
CAP programs are available to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by statute; or any other legally protected classification. Disabilities will not limit opportunities when it is possible to reasonably accommodate the disability of the qualified person.