As part of our effort to reduce substandard housing conditions in Eastern Kentucky, Christian Appalachian Project welcomes Mission Groups to serve in our Home Repair Program.
Mission Groups Program
|“I've come to CAP the last 4 years and it’s been a huge source of love and growth for me. I could never thank y'all enough for that! This year we worked for a great couple who were ‘Nana’ & ‘Papi’ for the whole neighborhood. Their friendly pets and the hot chocolate and soup they made for us were more than enough in exchange for the ramp we built them.”
– UNC Chapel Hill
CAP hosts Mission Groups for one-week trips in March-October of each year. Groups come from churches, schools, families, businesses, etc. to serve alongside our full-time Home Repair crews and provide families in need with homes that are safe, warm, and dry. In March and April of each year, programming is dedicated specifically to alternative spring break for college (WorkFest) and high school (YouthFest) students.
*We are currently taking reservations for 2020*
What to Expect
- Mission Groups can be anywhere from 5 to 30 members in size. All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Groups arrive on Sunday, serve Monday through Thursday, and depart on Friday.
- For groups serving in the May–October season, a registration fee of $325/person is required.
- Registration fees for WorkFest/YouthFest include a $200 deposit and an additional $225/person.
- Included in the registration fee are pre-arrival resources, on-site orientation by a CAP staff member, lodging, meals, and some evening programming. Additionally, registration fees help provide service site materials, tools, and supervision by CAP staff.
- No home repair experience is required as our crew leaders provide the necessary training on site. Groups will also be asked to bring vehicles suitable for daily transport to the job site.
How to Get Started
|"As a first-time volunteer with CAP, I found the hospitality, the organization, and all CAP team members to be absolute professionals. Most importantly, all were genuinely kind, caring folk that you could call friends.”
– Holy Spirit Catholic Church
Groups interested in joining CAP for a Mission Trip can start by choosing potential dates and then contacting our Groups Coordinator at email@example.com or 800.755.5322 ext. 2277 for date availability. Groups will then need to complete a registration form, submit a deposit, and complete additional paperwork (including background checks).