You are here

Christian Appalachian Project (CAP) Partners with the Kentucky National Guard

Submitted by ckdcaudill on Tue, 05/14/2013 - 13:23

KentuckyNEWS RELEASE – May 3, 2013 National Guard

Christian Appalachian Project (CAP) Partners with the Kentucky National Guard

LEXINGTON, KY May 3, 2013  Christian Appalachian Project has partnered with the Kentucky National Guard to launch a new program designed to support Kentucky National Guard members and their families called “Partners in Care.” “Partners in Care” is an initiative of the Kentucky National Guard Joint Force Headquarters chaplain’s office, and allows commanders to coordinate support through the Chaplain and Family Assistance Center (FAC), for Soldiers, Airmen, and their families who are “in a time of need.” The program is open to any current Kentucky National Guard Soldier, Airmen, or their family members.  Services include: emergency food assistance, emergency clothing assistance, emergency financial assistance, basic household and auto repairs, housing assistance, licensed childcare, and much more. The event will take place at the Boone National Guard Center, in the Emergency Operations Center Conference Room, on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.  “CAP is no stranger to helping those in need,” said Sister Robbie Pentecost, Development Project Leader/Volunteer Groups for CAP. “We have been committed to serving people in need in Appalachia for the past 49 years.  We are honored to partner with the Kentucky National Guard to help the Soldiers, Airmen and their families in their time of need.”


CAP’s MISSION “Christian Appalachian Project is an interdenominational, non-profit Christian organization committed to serving people in need in Appalachia by providing physical, spiritual and emotional support through a wide variety of programs and services”. The vast majority of CAP’s self-help human service programs are funded through the generosity of caring Americans.  To learn more about CAP visit us online at: or contact Rayann White at 859-806.4362 or email  Find us on Facebook/Christian Appalachian Project, and follow us on Twitter @chrisappproj.


How much of a donation is given to the Project and how much of a donation goes to the management team. Thanks..........

Hello, 91% goes to helping participants and the other 9% is used for management costs.

How much of the donations goes to the pro project. And how much goes to management team I did not see your answer need an answer befor I give a dime

Suzanne, Don't take their word for it. Click on the Charity Navigation link below. They will tell you how their funds are used. Brian.

Add new comment