Christian Appalachian Project’s mission is building hope, transforming lives, and sharing Christ’s love through service in Appalachia.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Promote the dignity and self-worth of individuals by promoting self-help.
- Practice and encourage good stewardship and of accountability for all of the resources entrusted to us.
- Foster individual growth among staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
- Live out and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ through all of our actions.
- Foster open, honest and effective communication both inside and outside the organization.
- Involve the Appalachian people at all social and economic levels in developing a solution to poverty.